1. Physical and chemical properties: 1.1Solubility: The product can be dissolved in acid, ethanol, hot water, and slightly dissolved in cold water. 1.2 Property: It is a colorless transparent powder. Its surface has greasy feeling its hygroscopicity is strong and it is easy to be hydrolyzed to form boric acid. In high temperature, it can be reduced by alkali metal or magnesium to monocrystal boron, It can be completely mixed dissolved with the oxides of metal, copper, sliver, aluminum, tin, arsenic.
2. Uses: It is used as the flux in decomposition of silicates the mixing agent of semiconductor material, the additives of heatproof glassware and paint refractory. It is also used in production of alloy steel in metallurgical industry. In addition it's used as the catalyst in organic synthesis, the additive of lubricant used in high temperature, can be also used an environmental protection.
3. Safety notes: The product is considered toxic. It will harm body's health by swallowing, breathing in, eyes contacting, skin contacting. To bring it into contact with eyes or skin will lead to irritation. To swallow it will lead to irritating alimentary canal. To inhale it will lead to irritation of respiratory tract. The highest allowable concentration is 15mg/m3 (OSHA) in working place. Wear safety-protective glasses, dustproof gauze musk, rubber gloves during handling it.
4. Package: It is packed in the woven bag, in which should be put two strata of plastic bags, net weight 25 kg a bag.
5. Storage: It should be stored in a shady, ventilating and dry storehouse. Its shelf life is one year. It can be still used if up to standard through retest after the specified date. Should start using the product in air-drying place. When radical changes of humidity occurs, it will recrystallize and agglomerate. Should pay attention to keep away from the radical changing environment during storage, and ensure good package.